Tuesday 1 September 2015

Q is for Queen of Hearts

We've a new challenge today at The ABC Challenge - Q is for Queen of Hearts - what could be easier  than adding hearts to your project :)

We've also a new sponsor this month - Polkadoodles!  The image I've chosen to do is Odella Heart.
I wanted the red heart to really stand out so I've done the image in monochromatic colours using Copics and ProMarkers.

She's then been cut out with a Spellbinders die and the die has been edges with grey Copic.
To keep the black, white and red theme I've used design paper from DoCrafts with some black and red card stock.

The red heart ribbon has been in my stash for ages but I think I got it from Hobbycraft.  The LOVE sentiment is also from them and is one of their Christmas embellishments.  I've made it a darker red by colouring it with burgundy ProMarker.
The checked hearts were punched out of a left over strip of the design paper and I've also used some self adhesive gems.

My final touch is a chipboard jar of hearts which I found at Scrap and Craft.

There's some lovely inspiration from the rest of the team - pop on over for a look
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps - Die Cuts
Robyn's Fetish - Square Cards only
Create & Inspire - Anything Goes
Creative Craft Cottage - Anything Goes
Inky Chicks - Hearts
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes

8 comments:

andree said...

A great card, fab design and I love the monochrome look. Thanks so much for playing this time at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Good luck and hope to see you again soon. Andree {DT Lil Patch of Crafty Friends}

applejack cards by sue said...

I do love your striking card. A wonderful image choice and such lovely ribbon and papers.Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting from the Heart. Sue DT xx

Marlies said...

A lovely card in a great colour combi and such a cute image! Beautiful made! Thanks for joining our diecut challenge at ATSC.

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Andrea love, love that image also the smashing card design and colours thank you for joining our challenge at LIL PATCH OF CRAFTY FRIENDS
hugs
lorraine x

Unknown said...

Fabulous card with great colours very striking. I love the image. Thanks for joining our challenge at Creative Craft Cottage and we would love to see you again soon. Jennifer DT member xx

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your cute card with us at Creative Craft Cottage good luck
Lyn - DT

Helen said...

Beautiful colouring and a great colour scheme.


Thanks for joining us at Create and Inspire.

Helen x

Lizzy Love said...

this is SOOOO cute!~!!!! Love it!