Sunday 20 September 2015

Follow Yours Dreams in Sepia

When this new image came out at the beginning of September I had a few ideas for it.  So here I am today presenting my second idea for it.

I've coloured the image in sepia tones using ProMarkers and even sketched in some clouds in the same colours in the background.  I think you can just see them in this close up.
The die is definitely a fancy one from Spellbinders - it took a while to extract the card from the die :D
Once I'd managed to do that I distressed it with Antique Linen distress ink from Tim Holtz.

The design papers which have been distressed then layered up are from Santoro Gorjuss and Lili of the Valley.  The sentiment is from one of their art pads and I've added some sepia tones to this too.

Finishing touches to this one are two different types of lace.  The one at the bottom of my card has been in my stash for a while.  The top lace can be found at Live and Love Crafts along with the white clay hearts.

Before I go I just need to remind you we have two different challenges going on at All Dressed Up.  he challenge on the blog is Anything Goes with an All Dressed Up image.  The second is Summer Colours on the All Dressed Up Facebook Group.

Hope you like my second bit of inspiration with this image
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Scrapy Land - Add an Image (Spellbinders die)
Crafting for All Seasons - Layer It Up
Crafty Creations - It Takes Two (2 balloons, 2 hearts)
Digi Choosday - Monochromatic
Passion for ProMarkers - All the Trimmings
Crafty Boots - Monochromatic
Crafting with Friends - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Live and Love Crafts - Photo Inspiration Collage
Come and Get It - Travel / Vacation


16 comments:

Sheila said...

Beautiful. I love the sepia tones!

Donna Ellis said...

Andrea, this is beautiful! I love the image - and the way you have used that particular SB die is amazing! Like it was made for floating in the air and riding on the air currents! Thanks for sharing your pretty project in the Scrapy Land Challenge! Hope you will join us again! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}

Bunny said...

Beautifully done. I so need to try this technique of Sepia. Great lace. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

Dee's Craft Room said...

Oh wow, such an adorable sweet card. I love the hot air balloons and the wonderful die cuts. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Ella's Design said...

Sweet card, Andrea! Love the pretty balloon image and soft, sepia tones. Thanks for joining us this week at Passion fro Promarkers! Lisa x

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

This is really gorgeous Andrea, love the sepia tones. Great work with the die - so frustrating when they don't pop out right away! So happy to see you playing along in our monochromatic challenge at Digi Choosday!! Hugs my friend:) Audrey DT

Willeke said...

Love the sepia tones .... and great layout ... Beautiful !
Thanks for sharing it with us and hope to see you again in our next challenge as well,
Hugs
Willeke
DT Through The Craft Room Door
Made by Willeke {My personal Blog}

The Crafty Den said...

Gorgeous card Andrea. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. Great papers and 'trimmings' too x x Thanks for sharing with us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

coops said...

So gorgeous Andrea.I love the hot air balloons and your sepia colours and design are stunning.
Thanks so much for joining in my theme this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

What I Created Next said...

Such a beautiful card. Really delightful layout. Thanks for entering the Digi Choosday Monochromatic Challenge (DT)

Anjie said...

Great make, love the sepia tones. Thanks for joining us in our Monochromatic challenge at Digi Choosday
Anjie (DT)

Lori Kobular said...

Gorgeous card! I love that image paired with that delicate Spellbinders die! Love the sepia tones too! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #26!

N-Eva said...

Great colour combo . Thanks for joining us at challenge Come And Get It.Neva

CraftingMum said...

Lovely card thanks for joining us at Crafting with friends. Louise DT x

Judy McKay said...

Wow!! Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Crafting with friends this week. Judy DT

Unknown said...

Awwww; sepia cards are always pretty, and there's something so romantic about hot air balloons. Great take on LLC's inspiration collage; thanks for joining us this month!

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts