Monday 14 September 2015

Ideas, stars and dreams

I was supposed to be my second spot in September as a guest designer with The Crazy Challenge.  Unfortunately the card I sent hasn't appeared on their blog and there are no other Guest DT cards so I'm not quite sure what happened there but I'm going to post it anyway!

The card was created from a photo for inspiration.


I got my thinking cap on.  Light bulbs to me mean ideas.  The brightly coloured stars made me think of a rainbow of colours.  Which got me thinking of dreams and clouds etc. etc.  Whilst I had all this in mind I went browsing for some inspiration.

I was so luck to find just the image I wanted.  It's number 183 from Oddball Art.  The main colours that stood out for me in the light bulb photo were the yellow and pink and I chose the green to go with it as well so the card wasn't inundated with colour.

This was done with ProMarkers.  I've then cut the image out with a Spellbinders die and used the same three colours around the edge of the image.
There are a couple of pink hearts added to the image as well which a got from Paperchase.

The design papers are a mixture from Santoro Gorjuss, Lili of the Valley and come pale gold card from Hobbycraft.

The sentiment is from a Lili of the Valley art pad.  I've used the three ProMarkers to colour an abstract pattern onto the sentiment.

Finally I added to pearlised self adhesive gems.
Andrea x


I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Crafting by Designs - September Anything Goes
Crafting with an Attitude - Anything Goes
Creative Craft Cottage - Lets Get Spotty (spotty background DP)
Create & Inspire - Anything Goes
Simply Papercraft - Anything Goes
Passion For ProMarkers - Use a Sentiment

9 comments:

Sharon said...

I love your take on the light bulb Andrea. the image is gorgeous and love the paper with the clouds.
Have a lovely week.
Hugs Sharon. x

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Andrea, love the image and colouring. Super backing papers and layout. Thanks for joining our challenge at Creative Craft Cottage and we look forward to seeing you again. Jennifer DT member x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fabulous card, love the pastel shades. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week.
Lorraine DT

The Crafty Den said...

Gorgeous card Andrea. I'm really sorry for my late comment. Thanks for sharing at PFP. Hugs, Denise x

Lotta said...

So sweet :) Thank you so much for taking part in our challenge this week at PFP. Hugs Lotta, DT member.

applejack cards by sue said...

Such a sweet quirky image.. great fun and those pastel colours do blend beautifully. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Simply Papercraft. Sue DT xx.

Terri's Cards N More said...

Adorable creation. Love your color combo and image. Thanks for joining the Crafting With An Attitude challenge.

Annie said...

Beautiful coloring for a fun card! Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage and hope to see you again soon! :) ~Annie

Lizzy Love said...

this is gorgeous, my fav colors! :) love how soft it looks!