Tuesday 29 September 2015

Season's changed

We're half way through the current blog challenge at Oddball Art - Fall is in the Air.  Usually at the half way point I give some general inspiration but today I though I'd stay with the current theme.

The image I've chosen to use is no 7 (mainly because she's wearing a hoody and I thought this appropriate for a season change).  You can get her off Etsy and while I'm mentioning that I'll give you my discount code so you can get yourself 10% off at checkout by quoting DTANDREA10 :)

The image has been coloured with ProMarkers, I've then fussy cut her to mount her onto my art journal page.  I've also used several leaves from several different images to make leaves for the autumn theme.  they've also been coloured with ProMarkers and fussy cut (took a while I can tell you)

Onto my background.  I've used three different stencils and some modelling clay.  The first you can see behind the image.

The second is one of my favourites, a brick wall effect.


The third stencil is actually some flower branches but I've used these as a leafy branch instead.


Once I'd got the modelling clay on and let it dry I slapped on some gesso, then mixed my brown autumn colours for the background, wall and leaves using acrylics.

I've then added a little DecoArt metallic paint in two different colours to add some interest.  The Dark colour around the brick was done with some acrylics too.

Once dried (yawn - I'm so impatient) I mounted my figure and leaves as though she were going for a walk crunching through autumn leaves.  I then scattered some above as though the leaves were still falling from the trees.


Finally I asked my hubby what came to mind when I mentioned autumn and I hand wrote some word, doddled round them then cut them out and mounted them onto my art journal page.

Hope you like my bit of "different" inspiration

Andrea x

PS don't forget we have an anything goes challenge as well on Oddball Art Facebook where Lizzy also offers freebies on Fridays :)

I'd like to enter this journal page into the following challenges
Digi Galore - Anything Goes
Crafty Time - Anything but a Card
Our Crafty Corner - Autumn Colours
Scrapping 4 Fun - Spring / Autumn
Deep Ocean - Autumn
Simply Create Too - Autumn Splender
That Craft Place - Mixed Media - Anything Goes

7 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

What a fabulous project! I love the brick wall. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Time. Good luck and we would love to see you again. Christine DT

Tina Goodwin said...

Gorgeous! Love the stencils you've used.

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

What a beautiful project you made! I like the colours of autumn and all the texture. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Scrappind4Fun Challenges. Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
Ann DT

Andreja said...

What a pretty 1st page you made! I like the colours of autumn and lovely image :-))
Thank you for entering at Scrapping4Fun this time, Hugs, Andreja

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Stunning project love all the detail and cute image
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Caro said...

Hi there and thanks so much for entering our very first challenge at Our Crafty Corner. I love your art journal page. Good luck and thanks for entering, I hope you enter many more with us in the future :)
Caro (co-owner)

Jeanin Jügler said...

Wow, love what you created! Looks amazing! Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too!