Thursday 3 September 2015

A colouring discovery :)

I've made a colouring discovery - definitely one for sharing :)

But before I get to that I'll tell you about the image from Aurora Wings - Girl Flower Butterfly - Floating Hair and Gardenia Blooms.  Not actually sure which bit is the name but there's the link to it.

I decided to colour it with proMarkers in blues (with a tiny touch of purple so as not to distract from the main blue theme of the image).


The discovery I made was whilst messing about with a resin butterfly.  (Which I bought from Live and Love Crafts just by the way)  I just suddenly wondered if I could colour it, so I did and the result was fab!  You can see it o the left of the card below :)
The design papers I've used are from Santoro Gorjuss and Lili of the Valley with a bit of black card stock.  also added are some self adhesive gems in blue and black and some flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts and Live and Love Crafts.

If you've not already seen it I was glad to share my discovery
Andrea x

I've like to enter this card into the following challenges
Aurora Wings - Anything with Wings
Creative Knockouts - Flower Power
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
I Love ProMarkers - Use the Colour Blue
The Corrosive Challenge - Headshots
The Pencil Case - Anything Goes
Left of Centre - Use Mainly Blue
Polkadoodles - Things with Wings


13 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Love all the blues. Hair looks fantastic. Hugs Mrs A.

Cicci said...

So Amazing colouring! I really love the colours at the card and the design as well
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Cicci
TTCRD DT
ciccividpennan{My personal Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door

Bev said...

stunning image beautifully coloured thank you for taking the time to join in with our 'things with wings' challenge at Polkadoodles http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/week-36-crafting-challenge-at.html

Karon said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us for our Things with Wings Polkadoodles Challenge

Karon DT, Polkadoodles

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

So stunning Andrea! Such spectacular design! Happy to see your work entered in ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door. Please join us again in the next challenge. Happy creating :)
Hugs&Smiles,
Asmah
TTCRD DT
Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

SASAYAKI GLITTER STAMPS BY NAZ said...

OMG this is fab. I love it. Thank you so much for joining us at Polkadoodles challenge.
http://polkadoodle.blogspot.com.au/
Naz xxx

Sharon Noble said...

Stunning I love the colouring.
Thank you for Joining us at at I ♥ Promarkers this week hugs Sharon xxx

Wendy Fraser said...

Such a beautiful card, gorgeous colouring and I love the resin butterfly, thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers xx

Scrappy Scatty said...

Fantastic card beautiful colouring
Thank you for joining in our first challenge at The Pencil Case
xx

Unknown said...

Love your gorgeous colouring! The card is beautiful. Alcohol markers are great for colouring metal and fabric! Have fun playing, Jackie Polkadoodles DT x and thanks for entering the challenge!

DonnaMundinger said...

Love your monochromatic approach to this fabulous image, Andrea! Such a beautiful card. And who knew about coloring resin? Gorgeous result. Thank you so much for joining our Anything but Wings Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

Beautiful coloring in shades of blue, Andrea. How cool that the resin butterfly came out so beautifully! Thank you for joining 'Anything with Wings' challenge at Aurora Wings!

PS: The title of this digi is 'Girl Flower Butterly' - I know, sounds like just tagging something, doesn't it? XD

Mitzi xxx
Artist/Owner Aurora Wings

Penny said...

Thanks for visiting our Things With Wings Challenge
This is very elegant, such a beautiful project.
We would love to see you over at the new challenge of Shabby Chic too
Penny (Polkadoodles DT)