Monday 31 August 2015

Lily reflections

I've been honoured this month by being asked to join The  Crazy Challenge as a guest designer.

The theme they have for this first one I'm taking part in is Watercolour.  So I decided I needed to get the old water colour pencils out and get to work.  As well as being done in water colours I decided to do some water and had a go at doing some reflections :)

I tried a new technique when I was doing this which didn't work out too well.  I masked the image with some masking fluid.  Unfortunately when I'd finished the back ground and removed the masking fluid it pulled off most of the image so I had to kind of make it up as I went along.

Anyway..... The image I've used is from Make It Crafty called Lotus Bloom bit they do look rather like lily pads we have here in the UK.

The watercolour pencils I used were Faber Castelle.

Once I'd finished and dried the image I mounted it onto some plain black card stock and added some black self adhesive gems.

So that's it for my inspiration - pop over to the main Crazy Challenge blog to enter
Andrea x 

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Rony's Fetish - Square cards only
Graph It Colouring Crazy Challenge - Anything Goes / Backgrounds
Crafty Card Makers and More - No Pattered Papers
Crafty Girlz - Anything Goes
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes
Create & Inspire - Anything Goes
Creative inspirations - Anything Goes

10 comments:

Hazel Drake said...

Is this a stamp or a digital stamp? And where did you find it? This is a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing.

AndreaNorris said...

Hi Hazel, it's a digi stamp from Make It Crafty. If you click where I've got lotus blossom in the text above it should take you straight there x

CraftyNatalie said...

Grea card, Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations.
CraftyNatalie - DT

Lin said...

Oh wow Andrea, another stunner!!! Your colouring is so delicate and sublime.

Thanks for sharing in my 'no patterned papers' challenge, again.

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers and More

NGCARDS said...

A great creation! Lovely colours! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Kim x said...

just fabulous Andrea, your colouring is amazing.
Thanks for entering our no patterned papers challenge at CCM&More.
Hugs Kimx

Ericraft said...

fabulous water colouring Andrea. well done it turned out great! I saw this on facebook the other day :)
Thanks for joining us over at lil patch of crafty friends. Good luck!
Erica DT
ericraftblog.blogspot.com

Kandy's Krafts said...

Stunning card. Beautifully coloured. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Girlz Challenge.

Marlene Atkinson said...

Wow this stunning and beautifully coloured. Good in the draw. Thank for sharing with us at Robyns Fetish challenge. Marlene DT

Unknown said...

wow!!! totally stunning!
Thanks for entering our Anything goes challenge http://graphitmarkers.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/wk-35-anything-goesbackgrounds.html.
Hugs xx Cara xx DT