Sunday 23 August 2015

Colour blending

I was supposed to be making a ruby wedding anniversary card - obviously I needed to use red, deep, and lots of it.  Now there's a colour blending challenge on at the moment at Make It Crafty to blend outside the colour family and I got a little distracted as you can see :)

Si I've not got to go back to the drawing board and do a RUBY card!!

The image I've used is a rubber stamp called roses of love from Make It Crafty.  I've used ProMarkers to do all the colouring of the roses.  The background is a combination of ProMarkers, Copics and black polychromos pencil.
Once I'd finished the image I framed it with some black card.  I knew I wanted to put it onto a stepper card and needed some design paper to march but that wouldn't overpower the image.

I've chosen some paper form Lili of the Valley to do this.  I've also used some more black card stock and come black self adhesive gems. 
Has anyone any tips of photographing steppers cards coz I really struggle to get a "nice" angle and get the whole card in :)
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Left of Centre - Nature / Outdoors
Allsorts - Roses
Crafty Catz - Flowers
Crafters Cafe - Shaped Cards
Creative Moments - Anything Goes / Fancy Folds
Sparkles - More than One Fold



14 comments:

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Gorgeous card Andrea ! Fabulous ! Love all !
Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly challenges and Good Luck !
Hugs and Smiles
Maryvonne DT Member

Tina Goodwin said...

Andrea this is gorgeous! I'm glad you got distracted =)

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at The Crafters Cafe, good luck!!! Amy DT

brenda said...

A beautifully designed card and lovely ink work Andrea.

Many thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.

B x

cass said...

Very elegant. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this week for our "Shaped Cards" challenge.Dont forget in September we are moving to twice a month (1st and 15th)

Chris said...

Oh my goodness such fabulous colouring! A gorgeous card Andrea! Thanks for sharing it with us at Creative Moments
Chris
x

Ella's Design said...

Fabulous colouring of that pretty rose image, Andrea!
No point me giving you any photography tips as mine usually turn out rubbish, though I have started using a bit of staging with a fabric backdrop and something to stand the card on! Have a fab week. Hugs, Lisa x

Naomi Johnson said...

This is sensational. Those roses are just amazing. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

An English Lady said...

Wow! Fabulous card Andrea. Stunning colouring as always. Love, love, love the blended background shading around the roses. Thank you so much for joining us at Left of Center Creative Challenges for Challenge 92 Nature / Outdoors / LOC. I hope you can join us again for our next weekly challenge. AELx

maureenjscott said...

Stunning Andrea. Love your colouring, very striking card! Thanks for sharing at LOC, Mo x

Susan Renshaw said...

Striking card - I too would like some tips on photographing stepper cards - but a fabric backdrop sounds good! Thanks for sharing with LOC.

Cazro said...

Wow, your colouring technique is awesome. A beautiful stepper card, nothing wrong wtih the photography. Thanks for joining in the fun at Sparkles Monthly. Caz DT.

Brenda B said...

Gosh this is absolutely beautiful, your colour blending is amazing and I love the way the roses stand out on the otherwise plain card. It's truly beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at Sparkles this month, hope to see you again.

Hugs
Brenda
Sparkles DT

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, I love this style and it looks really great with your colouring. LOTV are one of my favourites! Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge - More Than One Fold and good luck! xx