Sunday 30 August 2015

Skool's up

Do you know Lizzy has so many images you can use for back to school, I just had to do a "proper" one :)

Take a look at Oddball Art on Esty - you can use my DT code DTANDREA10 to get yourself 10% off at checkout!

For this particular piece of inspiration I've used image 109.  I've used ProMarkers to colour her then fussy cut all the different bits out (took me a while).

I've created a typical physics themed sentiment using some glitter sticker letters.

The background is some back card stock and some design papers from Lili of the Valley mounted on top. I picked this particular one because it's got an almost graffiti style to it on what looks like some lined paper.

The sign was made from a chipboard shape which I got from Hobbycraft and coloured black.  I then used some white glitter letters to make the "skool" sign.  On the sign are a couple of small brown self adhesive gems to give the impression of a hinged sign.
Finally the chalkboard sign was added - I also found these in Hobbycraft

Our kids seem to be going back late this year in Yorkshire don't know about anyone elses!

Before I forget to mention Lizzy is also giving some freebies out on the Oddball Art Facebook group all you have to do is join to find them :)

Hope I've given you a little more inspiration for our current challenge at Oddball Art - Back to School.
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Sweet Stampin - School Days
Brown Sugar - Make the Sentiment BIG
CRAFT Challenge - Back to School
The Sisterhood of Crafters - It's Back to School Time
Crafter Cafe - Back to School
PINspirational - Back to School



10 comments:

Chris said...

Lovely back to school card Andrea! Cute image, fab colouring and great design, love the sign! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Glenda said...

This is just a very cute card! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood's 'School Time' challenge!

Darlene said...

OH WOW I just love this creation! Well done Andrea! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘SCHOOL TIME’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Gale said...

Fab card Andrea. Love the sign. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe in our "Back to School Challenge" and we hope to see you again real soon. Gale DT

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Brown Sugar, good luck!!! Amy DT

Shawna said...

This is great!! I am such a science nut so when I saw Einsteins equation for energy I instantly loved it.. You made your sentiments loud and clear and I must say they work so well together!! And let's talk about how well the girl student is so well colored!! Just a great card Andrea!! Thank you so much for joining us at BSCB..
Shawna -DT

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

This is so cute! Lovely school themed card!

Thank you for participating in the Sweet Stampin’ Challenge!

Glenda said...

Such a sweet card! Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters!

Deanne Saunders said...

Cute card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL. challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Lizzy Love said...

Love how this all came together Andrea, beautiful coloring as always <3