Saturday 15 August 2015

Scary Movie & a happy accident

Today is new image release day over at Oddball Art.  I was lucky enough to be able create some inspiration for you using image 247 - she'll be up of Etsy soon - patience......

Before I go on here's my discount code that will get you 10% off at checkout on Etsy - DTANDREA10

Now this one went completely differently to what I was going to do originally - I'll share my process - then my happy accident :)

She's kinda beachy looking so I was going to do her in a summer theme in bright colours, you know the sun sea sand kinda thing.  I've just coloured another image in sepia tones and thought ok we'll experiment and try her out in that.  By the way used ProMarkers to colour her.  She's also cut out with a Spellbinders die and distressed with antique linen from Tim Holtz.



Now you'll have seen the "From my Rotting body Flower shall grow" sentiment that comes with the image.  I thought it would be a real shame not to use this.  then the old cogs started whirring - What if I did her as the main character - a movie star in a HORROR movie! And an old style vintage movie at that!!!

So that's what I did and this was the result :D

The design paper is some spooky job from Lost and Found.  I also cut out a black oval with the same die so it looks a bit like she's in a spotlight.  The image and sentiments have been distressed and edged with biro.  I've also used some rhine stones and black self adhesive gems.  And finally a bit of movie strip from Tim Holtz.

So what is my happy accident - Lizzy actually pointed it out but we both agreed it works even better that what I originally put.  She's staring as in horror instead of starring as in starring in a film - ROLF!!

Ok that's it from me hope I've managed to brighten your day in a spooky kinda way
Andrea x

Create and Inspire - Anything Goes
Left of Centre - Insects (sneaky spider in the corner)
Stamping Sensations - Anything Goes with a Stamp and Die
Crafting with an Attitude - Anything Goes
Crafts & Me - Vintage
Penny's Challenge - Anything Goes
Polkadoodles - Use Something New (new image)
Simply Create Too - Anything Goes



11 comments:

Rebecca Wong said...

Such a beautiful card, thanks for sharing in Crafting with An Attitude, hope to see you again.
Rebecca, DT

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
Mags
x

Amy Cohen said...

Great sentiment!!! Love your work too. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty.
Amy-DT

Karon said...

Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us for our Use Something New Polkadoodles Challenge

Karon DT, Polkadoodles

Joan said...

Great image and design, lovely card

Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

Joan

Donna Maligno said...

Cute image and card. Thanks for joining the Simply Create Too challenge!

Marja B. said...

Great card, I love the colors! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Simply Create Too!

Hugs, Marja
Simply Create Too DT

Bev said...

Not in the least bit scary cos Id be hiding if it was. Love the soft vintage feel thanks for joining in the 'Something New' challenge over at Polkadoodles http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/week-33-crafting-challenge-at.html

SASAYAKI GLITTER STAMPS BY NAZ said...

Oh honey this is amazing. Thank you so much for joining us for our Use something New Polkadoodles Challenge.
http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/
Naz xxx

Penny said...

This is great, love the sepia tones. Thanks so much for playing in the use something new challenge with Polkadoodles Penny (Polkadoodles DT)

Unknown said...

I love your creepy card! Great use of patterned paper and other elements. Thanks for entering the use something new challenge at Polkadoodles Challenge Blog, Jackie DT