Thursday 27 August 2015

Amazing recovery

For the people that know of me this was another experiment.  For those of you that don't I constantly experiment trying new things/ideas when I've got time with my DT commitments.  This one nearly went horribly wrong BUT I successfully managed to recover it and I'm actually very happy with the result!

The digi I've used here is Poppies from Make It Crafty.  As I wanted to do it in water colours I took some of my thinner water colour paper and put it through the laser printer.  Well that kind of worked, some of the ink speckled up the card but I knew you wouldn't be able to see it once I'd disguised it with paint.
I tried a new technique on this one and used some masking fluid on the image.  I created a kind of fuzzy background that gave the hint of other poppies - fab that turned out well.

Then ooops - as I rubbed the masking fluid off the toner came off with the masking fluid.  There was only left a vague hint of the beautiful poppy digi left!!

So I took my iPad and looked up photos of poppies for some inspiration.  So then end result may not look exactly like the digi - but it's as near as I could get it.


Keeping the image CAS to showcase my water colouring I just used some back card stock and some black self adhesive gems to finish it off

OK who want to see me make a mess of something else :)
Andrea x

Crafty Cardmarkers and More - No Patterned Papers
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Crafting for All Seasons - Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes
Crafty Boots - Fair and Square


14 comments:

Crafting with Darcy said...

Andrea! You amaze me! I would have panicked and filed it in the wastebasket!! What a great save!!! It turned out more beautiful than I can even imagine without the OOPS!! Please keep making mistakes so you can show us how to fix ours!!! LOL

Hugs!!
Darcy

AndreaNorris said...

LOL! Thanks Darcy :)

Unknown said...

A beautiful card you'd never know you had any mishaps. Love the colours and background. Thank you for joining us at Crafting for All Seasons. Helen DT x

Sandra said...

It looks just great Andrea!! It's like a no-line coloring LOL
Hugs,Sandra

Curly said...

Absolutely inspiring Andrea, it looks fantastic :) x

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

turned out lovely!! if you had not shared any booboos we would have never known.

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Rebecca said...

Fabulous card I love the background. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More for our No Patterned Papers Challenge.

Bec

Mrs Beez said...

Fabulous effect, so pretty. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

Sally Dodger said...

A stunning card Andrea. Fantastic watercolouring for the background and a very happy accident with the masking fluid, the poppies look absolutely gorgeous without the dark printed lines. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Cardmakers and more. Sally.x.

Lin said...

Andrea, thanks for giving me a Tuesday giggle. I can just imagine your face as you rubbed away the masking fluid to be left with nothing! It sounds like the sort of thing I would do.

However, you need not have worried because what you have ended up with is just stunning. Absolutely gorgeous and what's more those poppies seem to have real depth as if they are softly floating like paper lace off the page.

Thanks for sharing in my 'no patterned papers' challenge.

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers and More

Stacey said...

Wow i wish i had accidents that turned out like this! brilliant! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Keep Smilin',
Stacey xxx
TTCRD DT
Lasata's Crafty Hideout {My Blog}

AndreaNorris said...

You're welcome Lin - LOL!! :)

Dee's Craft Room said...

I have no idea how you planned this card to look when you started out but it looks fabulous now, I love your background effect and the poppies themselves look stunning. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dee's Craft Room said...

Hi,

This is just to let you know that you have been placed in the Crafty Boots ‘Fair and Square’ Challenge. Many congratulations.

We are offering the winner and two runners up from this challenge Guest Design Team spots for a future challenge, which starts on 12 October. Please contact me at CraftyBootsDT@gmx.co.uk if you would like more information about participating in this new challenge.

Don’t forget to collect a copy of the Crafty Boots Challenge badge from our blog.

Kindest regards.

Dionne