Monday 7 January 2019

One of THOSE cards.....

I've tried to create something different today and am out of my comfort zone, but you have to test yourself or else how do you grow!  White space uggghhh!!  It scares me LOL!!

Anyhow....  This is a new image in my shop just called plain and simply I Love You.  Just because that's what's written in the balloon strings.


It was one of THOSE cards.   This was not my first attempt, I had several terrible colourings and one failed card before I eventually got it something like passable!  The image has been coloured with Copics.  Because I needed to cover up some of that white space I sprinkled some embossing enamel, actually lots of embossing enamel.  Underneath the image I've added a section of burgundy ribbon.



I wanted to try to do a card with a panel down one side, I've used some black card and design paper from First Edition I think it was (it's a bit that was left over in my scraps box).  After putting the card together I noticed I'd smudged some red ink (my fingers were covered in it after all the colouring attempts).  To cover the inky stain up I added some red and white twine tied in a bow.  I then had this HUGE white space down the left side. So I had to add some red and black gems to cover it up a bit.  CAS card ROLF who am I trying to kid!!!  Over to the experts....

Hoping you'll be kind with your comments after my disastrous crafty session :/
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Sparkle n Sprinkle - Anything Goes
Time Out - Loving
QKR Stampede - Anything Goes
Incy Wincy - Quotes or Sayings
Crafting with Friends - Anything Goes
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes
Crating from the Heart - Anything Goes
Dream Valley - Anything Goes
Love to craft - Anything Goes


13 comments:

sandie said...

Your colouring looks amazing to me-really rich and full of depth. Lovely to add the embossing paste-gives great texture. Thanks for joining Time Out

Sue Crease said...

Faboulos colouring on this wonderful image. Great card too. Thanks for sharing at LPCF today

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card Andrea fabulous colouring and love the sentiment written in the balloon strings-the frantage looks perfect -mine looks like I had an accidental spillage lol.Thank you for joining us at Crafting With Friends
Carol DT x

Lin said...

Your colouring always blows me away Andrea and this is no different! What a gorgeous design. You might have had a fear of white space but you definitely conquered that white space!!

Thank you for sharing in our first challenge of 2019.

Lin
Dream Valley

*Vicki* said...

Wow what a stunning design! Love the heat embossed flecks and the CAS style!! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenges this month! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

Janice said...

Gorgeous CAS card, beautifully coloured. Thank you for sharing with us at My Time to Craft, and hope you can join us again soon ~ Janice DT

Sam Squires - A Crafting Niche said...

What a fab card. Stretching yourself has certainly worked. Thank you for taking part in the January "Love To Craft Challenge Blog". DT Sam x

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Love to Craft, good luck!!! Amy DT

Melanie Smith said...

Great Job! I am a new member of the SNS Design Team and working with their glitters and embossing powders have been out of my comfort zone too...BUT, I am loving it!!! So Hooray for you for taking a leap of faith! Thank you for participating over at Sparkle N Sprinkle Monthly Challenges. DT Melanie

Jill V said...

This image is beautiful - I love the creative way you added the sentiment to it - and your colouring is wonderful too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

Shona Erlenborn said...

These balloons are colored so well that they look like they are 3D!! Great job. I also love the enamel flecks - like you, a find it hard to leave a lot of white space. Thanks for joining us over at the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge

Claudia Martins said...

This is so cute! I love the way you have made your project.
Hugs
Claudia - DT Incy Wincy Designs

Jessica K said...

SOOO cute! Love your coloring - great job! White space cards are sooo hard to do! :) Thanks for joining us at SparkleNSprinkle Creative Challenge this month! Good Luck!

Jess - DT
www.freshbyjess.blogspot.ca