Sunday 13 January 2019

Forever Thoughtful

I found last year I was a little pressured and was chasing my tail all the time to keep up.  With two of the blog challenges closing I DT'd for and another going down to fortnightly instead of weekly I now have a little time on my hands to be able to play and be creative.  Unfortunately I got a bit carried away and forgot to take pictures along the way, but I've got lots of angled shots and close ups.


My mother in law gave me some money for Christmas so I headed on down to Hobbycraft to see what I could find.  This was originally a wooden heart plaque, which I've altered with LOTS of "stuff" :)


Amongst the goodies I bought were some Metallic Gilding Polishes, the one you can see on the cogs above is the Ocean Teal colour from Creative Expressions.  The cogs of course are from Tim Holtz, as are the words "Forever Thoughtful".


Here a closer angled photo of the flower section, most of there were bought from The Ribbon Girl.


This one is a little further away.  You can see I painted the whole thing with black gesso, this is the first time I used it, messy was not the word LOL!!


Once dried I used a Dot Fade stencil from Tim Holtz to add a bit of texture.


In the gaps between the dots I've added some Golden Crackle Paste to add a second texture.  I then added more black gesso (note to self get black modelling paste!).  It got a bit more messy after than using some shimmer mister acrylics from DecoArt in two shades, I then pained on some DecoArt interference media in blue, this gave the purplish look.


Once all this had dried I added some Zing Embossing power to add a bit of sparkle to some areas (also in blue) you can see a section of this at the top right of the heart.  On top of this I added the cogs which I gilded before adding the flowers.


ModPodge was my best friend adding all the embellies to this.


I chose to do this in my favourite colour combination of blue and purple, normally I do this on cards so I was a bit dubious on how it would look.  It came out so much better than I hoped, I love the colours and sparkles.  Not sure if I will be giving this one away.  Here's the finished thing :)

Thanks for popping by to take a look
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this heart into the following challenges
Splashy Mix Challenges - Anything Goes
More Mixed Media - Anything Goes optional blue
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Make It Sparkle
Through The Purple Haze - Favourite Colour
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Not Just Cards - January
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations - Anything Goes
Creative Moments - Anything Goes

21 comments:

Darlene said...

OH WOW! This is just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Make It Sparkle’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

* Shell B.* said...

Simply Beautiful!!

Sandra said...

Gorgeous Andrea!!! Isn't it relaxing to have some relaxing craft time for yourself??!

AndreaNorris said...

It is, but i’m having a spot of bother deciding what to do next beacuase i’ve always been so pressured, wasting so much time going ummmm shall I do this or that LOL!!

Joy Wilson said...

Beautiful! I love the colors and all of the textures. Thanks for joining and good luck with your entry!
Hugs, Joy
craftycreatioschallenges.blogspot.com

Shirley-Anne said...

Well who would have thought that adding a lot of "stuff" to a craft heart could produce something amazing like this Well done it is lovely .Thanks for sharing with us here at http://ttcrd.blogspot.com/
Good luck with your entry
Shirley-Anne DT
https://shirley-anne-stampingforjoy.blogspot.com/

Sudha Kabra said...

Superb creation Andrea!! Thanks for playing along Splashy Mix Challenges...

Semonti Roy said...

Lovely altered heart. Thank you for participate our monthly blog challenge.

Sheryl said...

Wow Andrea, this is stunning! I love the textures and colour tones, perfect!
So glad you stopped by at 613 Avenue Create.
Hugs Sheryl xx

froebelsternchen said...

A wonderful heart ! Gorgeous Andrea! YOu are such a talent and inspiration!Thank you very much for joining Moo Mania & More! Happy new week!
Susi

Rosie said...

A very gorgeous designed heart

Thank you so much for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

Angela B. said...

Stunning! Great design! We would love to have one of your projects submitted for an upcoming issue of the magazine! Thank you so much for entering the challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again in the next challenge.
Hugs & Craftiness,
AngelaThrough The Craft Room Door DT
Taste Of Craftiness {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
http://craftrmdoor.ning.com/

Chana Malkah said...

Well, you definitely used your new found time wisely! This is gorgeous! I love that it is "dark" but does not really read as dark. That is quite an accomplishment! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Sheryl said...

Congratulations you are one of this week’s Top Rockers at 613 Avenue Create - don’t forget to pick up your badge from the Top Rocker page.

Jackie C said...

Perfect for our Challenge! So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Always Fun Challenges. Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @AFC

Shylaashree said...

such a gorgeous heart. it looks so magical andrea. Good luck to you.Thanks for playing along with us at Splashy Mix Challenge.Hope to see you again

Shylaa
Founder @ Splashy Mix challenge
Adhiraacreations
Splashy Mix Challenge

The Enticing Creation said...

Such a gorgeous project ,love the texture and colours....thanka for playing on Splashy Mix Challenges,hope to see you again

Hugs
Rituparna DT SMC

Judy McKay said...

Lovely altered heart. Thank you for joining us at Splashy Mix Challenges this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh hunnie, this is stunning, I love it!!

Thank you for sharing with us at 'Not Just Cards' this month
Hugs Shell xx

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the More Mixed Media challenge and Not Just Cards. Hope to see you again next time.

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Not Just Cards Challenge this time and good luck :)