Wednesday 20 November 2019

The tale behind the image



The image has been coloured with Copics


So why did I draw them?  I loved my Snowmen Selfie image and was think about doing another grouped image.  I went to a garden centre recently and the place was full of gnomes for Christmas!  I even bought a mini one to put on our tree :) So I got thinking about gnomes and selfies and all the funny faces people do when having their picture taken.  This was the result.


So going back to the card, I printed the image large, distressed the edges with a Tonic Solutions tool.  I finished off with my favourite at the moment, white embossing enamel to make the snow and a wood chip sentiment from Scrapiniec.

Thanks for popping by for a look
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Double D - What is your Christmas Style (non-traditional colours & images)
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes
Worldwide Open Deign Team - Challenge 11
Addicted to Stamps - Anything Goes
Sweet Stampers - Christmas
Crafty Creations - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Love to Craft - Anything Goes
Ally's Angels - Anything Goes

17 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my gosh, I love this image so much I can hardly STAND it. I am so partial to gnomes, and you have given me gnome OVERLOAD!!! I am smiling so big right now. Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Christmas Style Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
Judy~ DD DT
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!

Sue said...

Loving your gnomes, must take a trip up to Tong Garden Centre if they have gnomes, it's like a winter wonderland up there at this time of year

Janette said...

Oh boy these are the cutest gnomes, my little grandsons will love these guys, love the colour you chose too.xx

Diane said...

These little gnomes made me laugh out loud with all their facial expressions...super CUTE!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Leslie Miller said...

These guys, hahahaha! Putting your Etsy shop in my favorites. Love this! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Double D!

Kuni said...

Stunning card, love the colours.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Darlene said...

LOL ... OMG your image is ADORABLE! Love all their happy faces! Great job! I need to pop over and get some of your latest images ... too cute! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘ Christmas Style’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Wendy said...

Fabulous, super cute!...Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin :)
Wendy xx

Joy Wilson said...

These quite possibly may be my favorite gnomes ever! I just love them! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

Fiona said...

Such a stunning card and you're right - gnomes seem to be everywhere this Christmas - but your selfie idea is brilliant - thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin

Gwyneth said...

Fantastic digi and fantastic card. You are very tallented.
GG

Ursula said...

Super cute! They are so happy faces!

Dreja said...

Einfach großartig gemacht! Bravo!
Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers.
Liebe Grüße Dreja

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

I love love love this image and coloured so beautifully. Gorgeous work.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

Chana Malkah said...

Great image and beautifully colored. Thanks so much for sharing another wonderful project at 613 Avenue Create.
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Monica C. said...

They are so cute, Andrea! I love their orange hats.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Monica DT Member for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/


Natalie said...

how cute are these?! Your coloring is perfect! Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
Hugs,
Natalie
INKognito