Monday 29 December 2014

Fairy garden


During my Christmas chill out I decided to colour this beautiful Orchid Fairy digi from Aurora Wings.  I decided to colour the flowers pink and the fairy in shades of yellow to give her a golden glow.  I used ProMarkers to do this.  I wanted her wings to shine and sparkle so I painted some glue onto her wings then sprinkled DecoArt glitter onto them and some of the surrounding flowers.  I've done a close up so you can see the effect on her wings.


Once I had the image finished I decided to use papers from Lili of the Valley/Raspberry Road Designs - Timeless Victorian, Antebellum and Lili of the Valley/NitWit Solids - Bonnets and Bowties and Solids - Always and Forever.  To give the card a more old fashioned vintage feel I distressed the papers.  The lace underneath the image is from Ribbon Girl.


I've added in this close up image of the flowers and leaves I've used.  They're a selection from Wild Orchid Crafts and Ribbon Girl.  The only other embellishments I've used are a pearl swirl and some self adhesive clear rhinestones.

I don't usually show so many pictures of my cards but thought you might appreciate a closer look at some of the detail.

Hope you've all had a fantastic Christmas
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Butterfly Challenge - All Kinds of Fairy
Aurora Wings - All That Glitters
Creative Card Crew - Anything Goes
Divas by Design - Anything Goes
Winter Wonderland - Fussy and Fancy
Sweet Stampin - Anything Goes
Art by Miran - Anything Goes
Deep Ocean Challenge - Favourite Card of 2014
Glitter n Sparkle - Anything Goes
Avenue 613 - Anything Goes




12 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Wow. This card is beautiful. Your colouring is fab. Her hair is fantastic . It looks so real. I love her wings too. Thank you for fluttering by my fairy challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

This is such a stunning card, Andrea! Love the way you colored the image and all the beautiful embellishments. Thank you for joining "All That Glitters" at Aurora Wings. Good luck!

Mitzi xx
Artist/Owner AuroraWings

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

How gorgeous is she! Beautiful! I love the hair colours too and you've given it such a lovely vintage feel with those papers too.

Liz said...

A gorgeous card! The pastel shades you've used are really lovely. xx

mixamatoasties said...

So pretty.

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.

Susan

Desire Fourie said...

Andrea this is a wonderful creation with great attention to detail. It is perfect for our 22nd ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Art by Miran Showcase DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Sammy said...

This is sooooo gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Sammy-x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at 613 Avenue Create this week!

DonnaMundinger said...

Andrea, this is just magical! Love your coloring and sparkle and the embellies are breathtaking. Thanks so much for joining our All That Glitters challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

Jo said...

Gorgeous, love the sparkle! Thanks for joining us over at Sparkles this time & good luck!
hugs Jo x

Irene's Creations said...

Beautiful. Thanks for joining in at Art By Mi Ran's Challenges.

NickScrapShack said...

This is fairy good! Love the flower cluster and the sparkly wings. Stunning.
Thank you for playing along with us at Sparkles this month. Good luck and hope to see you back soon!
Nick