Wednesday 21 August 2019

Quick, messy n fun!

We were a little short on inspiration this month for our Facebook Challenge at SheepSki Designs.  So I decide to knock up a quick messy card using a new image called Flowering Cherry.



The image was coloured in pastel peaches and greens with Copics.  I've not gone for the full detail, but just added a little texture to the flowers.  Once I'd done this I fussy cut the image our.

Inspired by my friend Shylaa who used to be on my DT I decided to do a mixed media style card.

On a blank piece of card I used a Tim Holtzz stencil and modelling paste.  I heat dried this, splashed some DecoArt acrylic shimmer paint on.  Drying this again with a heat gun i sprinkled some embossing enamel on top and heated again.  All about the heating this card LOL!!


When it was all dry I distressed the edges, added the image and a Make It Crafty chippy sentiment coloured with Black Copic.  The sequins once I'd glued them on I also heated.  I was trying to dry the card so I could take a photo.  During the process the sequins melted slightly and the surface changed to matt - I really loved them and think I'll try this on purpose again!

Anyway - here a bit of messy quick inspiration in a mixed media style ;)
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Crafty Gals Corner - Emboss It
The Creative Crafters - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations - Anything Goes
QKR Stampede - Anything Goes
Pammies Inky Pinkies - Anything Goes
Through The Crafty Room Door - Anything Goes
Try It On Tuesday's - In my Garden There is....
Penny's Challenge - Anything Goes



7 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this fabulous mixed media card! The sprinkle of embossing powder looks great! Love the happy accident with the heat gun! Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chris

Vickie Y said...

Beautifully designed card; love the image and background. Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.

froebelsternchen said...

A brilliant card! Great to see it linked to Try It On Tuesday! Thank you for supporting us! Susi xxx

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wow, this is a wonderful CAS creation!
Thanks for playing at Crafty Creations Challenge.
Ileanaxx

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

Andrea, your cards always amaze me! This is so beautiful! I love the added texture! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner Challenges this week. Be sure to join us next time too!
Blessings,
CGC DT
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Crafty Gals Corner Challenges

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Such a delightful mixed media card. So glad you joined us over at PIP Challenges!
Hugs

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creation Andrea, love it! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
~ Sherry DT/Admin xx