Saturday 8 November 2014

Swimming with friends

As you can see I'm having a bit of a busy week crafting, it's such a trial NOT! :)

This stamp Little Mermaid 1 from Lili of the Valley is very popular with people I work with, every time I make one someone wants it.  I tend to use metal beads which I think helps the popularity as little girls tend to take them off the card after and use them on their jewellery.

There are a couple of challenges going at the moment which insprired me to make another one.

Putting her together
Coloured with ProMarkers in blues and purples, I've used a blending pen to soften the background to make it more "blurry"/faded like looking through water (don't think that worked out too well though) and then cut it with a Spellbinders die
Papers - Lili of the Valley Solids Promises, Lili of the Valley Snow Princess and Our Daily Bread Christian Faith Collection.  The back ground paper from Our Daily Bread was just perfect as it made her look like she's swimming in the sea.  I used the purple to pick out some of the purple in the coloured image.
There's some lilac organza ribbon - Lili of the Valley Littles Bags of Ribbon - Purple. 
Two silver shell, two brass fish and a silver key jewellery beads
The bead spray used to make the ocean plants was from Hobby Craft that I've had for ages.
Clear self adhesive gems
A sentiment from Lili of the Valley Sentiments Art Pad 

Challenges that inspired me to,make this card and to which i's going to enter are
Colouring Crazy Graf'It - Water/Ice Effects or Blue/Purple

This is probably the best version I've done of her so far 
Andrea x



6 comments:

Brawny x said...

Gorgeous card Andrea x

AndreaNorris said...

Thanks very much Lea :) x

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous card love your image and your colouring. Thanks for joining us at ABC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

AndreaNorris said...

Thank you Shirley :) x

Emma said...

Fab card I love the LOTV mermaids. Thank you for joining us at the ABC Challenge for our 'W is for Water' challenge x

AndreaNorris said...

Thanks Emx, I wasn't sure whether to do mermaids or something on water, so I went for the cute option x