Tuesday 7 June 2022

Time for my dreams.....

So we're sponsoring 613 Avenue Create this month, as well as that I'm honoured to be a guest designer with them and a Master Rocker this time :)

Their optional twist this time is Let It All Hang Out.  It's been a long long long long time since I did any mixed media so I though this the perfect opportunity.  

I got a couple of wooden door hangers from Hobbycraft a few weeks ago ready for this project.

I've used Morpheus the little sleeping dragon for my inspiration, you can find him in the shop here.  He's been coloured with Copics and them fussy cut.  Then I had a bit of a block after colouring him.  I was going to make my own cloudy background with some modelling past but our holiday got a bit in the way.  A crazy week at home, we were supposed to be chilling and well that didn't happen.  I've gone back to work this week for a rest haha!


So I grabbed a bit of time towards the end of last week and dug out some stencils.  I found some lovely floral ones from Tim Holtz and some dots.  I also used the ones with the scrip writing on (can't remember who that one is by without doing a lot of digging).

One I'd done the modelling paste bit and dried it I splashed some black gesso on and dried it.


Once dried I started to highlight the raised parts with Metallic gilding polish from Creative Expressions, some Distress Spray Stains from Tim Holtz and DecoArt Interference Fluid Acrylics.  Out with the heat gun again! 


Finally I added Morpheus, some silver gems, a white star and a sentiment "Time for my Dreams"

Really enjoyed my crafty time, just wish it wasn't so rushed!  Bloomin holidays :D

Andrea x

I'd like to enter this hanger into the following challenges
The Fairy and the Unicorn - June Challenge
LeAnns World 101 - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz - Anything Goes
CCC Digi Creations - Eileen's Anything Goes
Critter Crazy - Challenge 63
Crafty Animals - Challenge 62
Crafts Galore Encore - Anything Goes
Mix It Up - Challenge 59
A Perfect Time to Craft - June
Classic Design Challenge 6



 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. Love the teksture

Aunty Sue said...

Awesome work and thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz good luck in the draw

Rose Andrew said...

Gorgeous Tag.. great details and love your colouring .
Thank you for joining us at My Bestie Aussie Challenge
Good Luck
Rose DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO very beautiful Andrea, gorgeous colours and image, love it for a door hanger. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Critter Crazy Challenge this week. Good Luck and I’m looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Beautiful creation!
Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge June "ATG".
Ileanaxx