Thursday 1 November 2018

Black & Golden Christmas

1st of the month and its time for a new challenge with All Dressed Up in their Facebook Group.  For this month we'd like to see your Christmas creations!

I've coloured the deer with Copics, smooth blending then adding some texture after when the ink had dried.  After this on a whim I fussy cut it.

I'd recently bought some black and gold Christmas design papers from First Edition.  Unsure what to put this with and by chance I laid some black card next to the image while I hunted through my papers.  I didn't find anything that looked as good and already had this section cut out using s Spellbinders die from when I needed a circular background for an image.  Laying the two together and the deer on top - perfect :)

I also had in my stash from when I first started to craft some gold cards.  I cut one of these in half and used it as my frame for the while card.

The golden words are part of the same design paper set from First Edition.  The is framed by some black card.


Embellishments added for this one are a few golden snowflake charms, they may be my last, a couple of brass corners.  Hard to see but the second one is to the top left of the word design paper section.  AND a glittery wooden Merry Christmas sentiment that I got from Hobbycraft at the weekend.

That's it for my inspiration BUT don't forget we also have a blog challenge here.

Looking forward to seeing your Christmas creations
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Crafty Friends - Circles
Scrapy Land - Anything Goes
Christmas at Sweet Stampin - October
Ike's World - Anything Goes
The Crafty Addicts - Anything Goes
Cardz 4 Guyz - Into the Woods
Die Cuttin Divas - Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations - Anything Goes

14 comments:

Chris said...

So beautiful, the little deer is delightful, you've brought her to life with your fabulous colouring, love the black and gold design.Thank you for playing along with us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin’ this month.
Chris
x

Sherrie K. said...

Oh my goodness, this is beautiful! The deer is so sweet and I love the deeper, darker background as it makes that sweet deer really pop! Awesome job on this!
Thanks for joining us in the 100th Challenge at Scrapy Land!
Sherrie K
Scrapy Land DT Member

Dawn Phillips said...

This is stunning. Your colouring is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful Christmas card. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafty Creations Challenge. Anna-Karin DT

Borqna said...

Beautiful card - bravo! Congratulations!
Thank you for coming along to play at IKE'sWORLD Challenges.
Blessings,
Borqna

Sall said...

way too cute for his own good! Thank you for participating at Ike's World Challenges

Sian said...

This is a really beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. Sian.

Claudia Martins said...

This is so adorable ! Thank you for joining us over at TTCRD this weeK!!! I hope to see you again with us next week !! Hugs!!
Claudia - DT

Sheryl said...

Congratulations you are one of this week’s Top Rockers at 613 Avenue Create - don’t forget to pick up your badge from the Top Rocker page.

Julie B said...

Wonderful colouring of your deer, it works so well against the darker DPs.
Thanks for sharing at Cardz4Guyz. :)

L.B. said...

wow the coloring on this is insane. Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas and our Anything Goes Challenge.

ike said...

Such a beautiful card. A super sweet image and I love your colouring technique :-)
Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Gloria said...

Wow... gorgeous card and the coloring is fantastic:) Thank you for playing along with us over at Die Cuttin' Divas.

Mari said...

Your card is so sweet! Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts!