Wednesday 31 May 2017

Butterfly Magic

Today I'm sharing a very simply styled card to showcase this image Butterfly Magic.  I'd seen photos of huge moths and butterflies and thought it might be fun to try and recreate something like this in a digi image.

You can find Butterfly Magic in my Etsy shop - check out the bottom of my post for a 20% discount code off images in my shop

I've coloured the image here with Copics, ProMarkers and polychromos pencils.  I wanted the butterfly to pop so I've used some bright oranges and reds.

Once I'd finished the image I cut it large and distressed the edges with ink from Tim Holtz (black soot) and a Tonic solutions tool.  The image has been mounted onto some distressed black card.

Added to this just to add a little more interest are a few rhine stones, two silver dragonfly beads and I've also stencilled the word beauty in black soot ink onto the card.

This has been created as part of the inspiration for the Passionate Paper Creations sponsorship event for this week :D
Check out their Facebook Group here where you will find a code for 20% discount
Check out their Blog here
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card onto the following challenges
A Snowflakes Promise - Anything Goes
Sparkles - Four or More Legs
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes
Creative Craft Cottage - Include and Animal
Fairy Tale Challenge - Things with Wings
Addicted to Stamps - Animals
Crafting by Designs - Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Challenge - Anything Goes

5 comments:

Megan J said...

Hi Andrea, a gorgeous image and reminds me of the butterfly enclosure at Taronga Zoo, love the distressed edges and the beautifully coloured butterfly... thank you for joining us this fortnight at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the draw.... have a wonderful week... Megan DT Lil Patch of Crafty Friends

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Great card. Thanks for playing along with us for our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends. Good Luck. Hope to see you again soon.
Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, LPoCF DT Owner

The Little Stamper said...

I love this image, especially as I know that you drew it yourself. Great colouring and a perfect CAS card. Thanks for sharing at Colour Crazy.

Sharon x

Fikreta said...

Your card is very pretty !
Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage!
Hope to see you again.

hugs , Fiki
My little store: Crafty Kitty Cat Shop
≽ܫ≼

Keti's Projects said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for playing with us at Pile it On. Keti (DT)

p.s. You should visit my blog, where I have o great Giveaway Announcment http://ketrinslittleprojects.blogspot.si/2017/06/sizzix-giveaway.html