Monday 4 January 2016

Annabell's tale

So I've discovered I can draw digital images - yay!! Something new for me as I've only ever managed to draw on paper before.

Annabell is my first drawn digital sketch to use as a digi.  My inspiration for her came from when I was young.  I used to be a really Holly Hobby fan.  So I decided I wanted to draw a girl with a floppy hat - but I didn't want to do a young one rather an older version.

The current trend in the UK is for teens and young adults to wear ripped jeans and cropped tops so I've also incorporated this into my image.  I've tried to keep her a little bit country with a side plait too (another modern version)

So here she is coloured.  I've used ProMarkers and done her in pastel shades.

The design papers are from Lemoncraft and Maja Designs.  All the papers and the card itself have been distressed with antique linen and vintage photo inks from Tim Holtz.

The lace and hotensias are from Live and Love Crafts.

The sentiment was computer generated, cut out with a Spellbinders die, coloured with ProMaker and distressed

My final touch are some pale brown gems from Scrap Berry

Hope you like my first drawn.  I'm kinda thinking of starting to sell some digis so perhaps you can let me know what you think
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Glitter n Sparkle - Anything Goes
Robyn's Fetish - Anything Goes
Come and Get It - Something New
Crafts and Me - Anything Goes
Allsorts - What's New
Creative Card Crew - Anything Goes
Left of Centre - All Things New
Sweet Stampin - Something New

11 comments:

KathR said...

Thinks it's perfect , I for one would this.......

Marianne's Craftroom said...

She is fantastic well done. There is a market for more teen images I think. The only thing I would chaneg is to make her jeans skinny as that is what most people wear. Look forward to seeing what else you draw

AndreaNorris said...

Thanks Marianne, that's really useful constructive feedback :D x

AndreaNorris said...

Thanks Kath :D x

Wendy L said...

Lovely card and great digi, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxx

Mervi said...

Thank you for sharing this lovely creation over at Allsorts;-))m

Cass said...

Fab card and great digi. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

Steph said...

Fab card, love your new digi. I used to draw Holly Hobby when I was a kid too, love your grown up version. Thanks for sharing with us at LOC this week.

Wishcraft said...

Love the image and fab design too, lovely card... Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' :o) Hugs, Lisa x

StampinJessica said...

I love your card, this is so lovely !Thank you for join us at Come and get it, hope we see you again.
Hugs Jessica DT

Robin Parker said...

Love your lace and the antique feel to your creation. Thanks for sharing on The Robyn's Fetish Challenge #297 - Anything Goes.