Sunday, 2 October 2016

Sir Terry's Tribute

My hubby loved the character Death (it's a guy thing) he's also read most of the Terry Pratchett books.  In them is a character Mort (Death for those of you who haven't read them).

So one day while he was hunting for skull t-shirts online he says to me "You should draw the Death of Rats" - "SAY WHAT?"  I said.  He then proceeded to explain Mort has a side kick who's a little grim reaper rat - doesn't actually speak just squeaks.

So this is my take on him drawn as my tribute to Sir Terry Pratchett


When I was colouring him my hubby told me I had to do him with a blue eye, so this is why in case you're wondering.

Anyway I've used Copics to colour this and draw a spooky background, then added a little black polychromos pencil to add more shadow.

The sentiment was created at the time of printing.  The bats it the background were drawn on with a black biro.

The image and background were just mounted onto some black card to frame it.  And I've added one tiny rhine stone for a star just above the tree (didn't quite catch the shine in the morning light)

Hope you love my tribute to writer who will be sorely missed

Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Double D Challenges - Trees Trees Trees
Create & Inspire - Anything Goes
Inky Chicks - Animals
Crafty Creations - Halloween
Paper Creator - Anything Spooky
Crafty Calendar Challenges - Halloween
Dream In Darkness - Challenge 13
Left of Centre - Halloween Challenge 150


10 comments:

  1. Oh my hes creepy Andrea, brilliant design. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Halloween card! Spooky! Thanks for joining the Double D "Trees" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG what an awesome image and your coloring is fabulous (including the blue eye, lol)! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘TREES’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your coloring and drawing skills are fantastic! I was curious about the cheese and then I realized he's a rat. Interesting character! Thanks again for your entry in our Trees Challenge at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at the challenge of Inky Chicks. DT Veronique

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a awesome tribute to a person who left the world better than when he arrived. Great LOC entry.EE

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooo wow! Love Ratty and it is a fabulous tribute to Sir Terry Pratchett! Your skills are amazing, thanks so much for sharing him with us at Dream in Darkness!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is brilliant. I have been meaning to read the diskworld series.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally awesome drawing! Love this Death Rat and his blue eye! Fabulousness everywhere on this one! Thanks for playing with us at Dream in Darkness this most spooky month! Nan, CT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tribute to Sir T. Thanks for sharing with Dreaming In Darkness

    ReplyDelete