Friday 15 December 2017

Winter Truck

Not long ago I won a Guest Design spot at Creatful Heart.  This is my creation for them using a Winter theme for their current challenge.


I didn't have many "Winter" images so I had to think outside the box for this one.  I didn't take the easy option and just used a Christmas image :)

You can find Worn Out Truck here

I wanted to do a mainly monochromatic card with a pop of colour.  I've created a winter sky and used a brighter blue for the truck so it stands out.  As the truck is supposed to be worn out I decided to try and add some patina so it looks rusty.  I've done all this was Copics and I just love how it came out.  The background of snow was created using a white polychromos pencil and white gel pen.


I've used some black card for framing the image and card.  The snowy design paper has been in my stash for ages - I think its a BeBunny one.

So create a real wintery feel I've added lashings of snowtex.  The Winter Wishes is wooden I got this in Hobby Craft and the December sentiment is a wood chip element I got from Scrap and Craft.

Hope you love my creation and enter the challenge :)
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Glitter n Sparkle - Winter
Your Scrapbook Place - December
Love to Scrap - Winter Wonderland
Paper Creator - Christmas and New Year
Dragonfly Dream - Non Traditional Christmas
Lets Craft and Create - Anything Christmas Goes
Creative Inspiration - Winter / Christmas
Moving Along with the Times - Twas the Challenge Before Christmas
Winter Wonderland - Anything Christmas Goes
Crafty Cardmarkers - Christmas

11 comments:

Janette said...

Hi Andrea, WOW, this looks fabulous and the colouring is perfect, love it.xx

Gail Hutchinson said...

This is fantastic Andrea, Mary and Mark will love it. You are so talented

Rene said...

This is AWESOME! I love this so much! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck,
Rene

Wendy L said...

Super image, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. xxxx

meg said...

Fantastic work, love this, thank you for joining in at Paper Creator

Sue said...

This is so gorgeous and thanks for sharing with us at Paper Creator hugs Sue J x

Emma said...

Wow- I love the monochromatic design, the blues are so beautiful! I love how you've stretched your stash and created your Christmas image, if you didn't say, I wouldn't have guessed - it looks brilliant! The wood sentient looks amazing, gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing another project with MAWTT, Emma (DT)

Jackie Reader said...

Aw, I would love that truck. Thank you for taking part in the MAWTT challenge. Jackie MAWTT DT x

Jan said...

This is fab. A very Happy 2018 Thanks for joining us at YSP xx Jan DT

Leslie said...

I'm sorry I'm late commenting. Your project is absolutely stunning! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the December Challenge over at Your Scrapbook Place - our Last Challenge of 2017!
Hugs,
Leslie, YSP GD
Love To Scrap 2
Love To Scrap!

LOU said...

Gorgeous card Andrea. Love your colouring, especially of the patina rust.
Thanks so much for joining us at Winter Wonderland. Hope to see you again soon.
Lou DT xo