Monday 16 October 2017

Vision turned reality

I'm sharing a very special creation with you tonight.  This one is a commission.  Ged who works with my hubby approached me with a commission in mind which I managed to turn into reality on a card for her.  We had quite a bit of communication so I could get this just perfect for her.

Her friend has a cat and she had this vision of a cats head (Suki) floating in the middle of a pumpkin vine with candy corn.  The rest was up to me to try come up with something spookily suitable.  Ged also didn't have any specific ideas about colours.  Although she started to go through some colour selections we could discuss, I showed her a pic of a first version of the card with the dark blue background.  She loved it so much she asked me to use it for the final card and then left all the colour choices up to me.
Suki being a pale ginger tabby is so adorably cute - I just hope I've done her justice.  She's actually paler in real life than I've coloured her here.  I'm still trying to get use to doing fine detail with Copics so I laid down some colour for the cats head and eyes then finished it off with polychromoc pencils.  The look I wanted was of fine soft fur and a glow in her eyes.

Everything else on the card has been coloured with Copics giving a vibrant look on the dark background.

Here you can see a close up of some of the pumpkin vine around the image.  I've added a few skulls into the mix, running some of the creepers through the skulls.

I the picture below you can see I've added a rata perfect addition to a dreamy cat's world.

The background, coloured with Copics have been given some texture.  An effect Faye showed Helen and I while on a recent Copics class with her.  I've used champagne (Faye will under stand that) and a sponge.  I've shown a particularly good section of it in the photo above.

To the top right of the cat is a crow, another perfect cat dream world addition.  I've achieved this look by adding the colour and then using a blender pen to bleach out some highlights on the feathers.

Cat's love the night and hunting so I decided to add in a glowing moon.  Across this I've added some wispy clouds and a few bats.  The glow of the moon if carried down towards the cat's face.

Finally here's the card as a whole.  Ged I'm very happy to say loves the card which will be passed onto her friend for Halloween.

This is only my second commission and I'm so happy with how it went.

Would love your feedback
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Do-Al(l) Kreatives - Halloween
Fabrika Fantasy - Pink or Halloween
Paradise of Stamps - Autumn / Halloween
World Wide Open Design Team - Challenge 27
Crafty Cardmakers - Spooky
The Sketchy Challenges - Halloween
Try It On Tuesday - Its Halloween Time
Create & Inspire - Anything Goes
Crafty Calendar Challenge - Halloween

20 comments:

Sherri said...

Wow! Awesome coloring and great image! LOVE this card! Thanks for sharing it with us in our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Wow wow wow this looks so good - I love it. Great work.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Apologies that should have read
Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

Cara said...

Andrea, this is amazing!

Alex said...

The card is wonderful. Like the colour combo.
Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Do-Al(l) Kreatives and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

Hugs
Alex
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#10 – Halloween}
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge {#10 – Mushrooms}
*DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#42 – Pretty pinks or birthday}
Alex' Kreative Seite

Jonnece said...

Wow fantastic as always Andrea. I love your design concept "perfect ". Thanks for joining us at 'Do-Al(l) Creatives'. Jonnece DT

Meggymay said...

It is a fabulous Halloween card. It will be treasured.
Thank you for sharing it with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

froebelsternchen said...

AMAZING project - what a fab painting! Thank you for joining Try It On Tuesday!

Renate said...

Great coloring!!!
I love the way you put the cat in the moonlight.
Thank you for sharing your card at our Halloween challenge.

-xiss- Renate.
(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

Doris Klein said...

Wow Andrea... this is just amazing! Very nice image and awesome colouration of it! Perfect done, girl!!!

Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#10 – Halloween)
*DT* Die Sketchtanten
*DT* Die Traumfabrik
*GDT* ITD’s Creative Playground

Josephine said...

Amazing colouring - the cat is just wonderful!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

Joan said...

Love the cat and it's a great card

Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday challenge

Joan

Gale said...

This is a cute Halloween card Andrea. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

wannabcre8tive said...

A fabulous card. Love the kitty. Thank you, for joining us for the QKR Stampeded challenge.

GerJanne said...

Wow, it looks like art! Marvelous creation!
Thank you for joining us at Do All Kreatives.
GerJanne

Marjut said...

Fantastic Halloween card. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great card for the theme over at Crafty Cardmakers. Thanks for joining in and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx

Anila Dikay said...

Wow.. Looks great..

Thank you for sharing with us at Fabrika Fantasy
DT
Anila

Carla's Cards said...

Stunning work, thanks for sharing with Fabrika Fantasy Digis!

Wanda said...

WOW this is fantastic! Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Wanda DT World Wide Open Design Team Challenge