Sunday 28 May 2017

1920's Elegance

Here I am today sharing with you my new image Grace, she's kinda based on a 1920's flapper.

Grace has been coloured with ProMarkers and I've also used a black polychromos pencil to add depth to the shading to the very back of the dress.

I have some label dies and I used a large one of these to cut her out with.  I then chopped the sides off to give it a straight rather than curved look.  I found I didn't have any suitable inks to distress the edges so I used ProMarker around the edges instead.

I wanted to make an Art Deco style card so this was a bit fiddly with lots of strips of left over design papers.

The design papers are from Maja Design and Lemoncraft.  I chose ones that were similar colour to the image and the background design paper.  The left over strips were cut down to the same size to go at either side of the image.  To get the curve at the top and bottom I used the curve of the image to draw a line on the strips and then cut them with scissors.  Lined all up together gives them an Art Deco look :)

To finish off I added a BIRTHDAY sentiment in Art Deco style.  The original sentiment from Scrapienic says happy birthday I just cut it down and then coloured it with brown ProMarker.  I then added a few bits of bling with rhine stones.

Thanks for taking a look today
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Paradise of Stamps - For Someone Special
The Crafty Addicts - Use Die Cuts
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
The Crafter's Cafe - Birthday
I Love ProMarkers - Girls Birthday
The Crazy Challenge - Birthday
QKR Stampede - Birthday Cards
Allsorts - Vintage Style 


15 comments:

Ellibelle said...

A really nice card, perfect for our vintage theme at Allsorts. Thanks so much for joining us!

Mervi said...

Fabulous image and colouring, lovely card!
Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts Vintage Challenge;-))m

Claudia's kaartjes said...

stunning


xx
Claudia

http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be

cass said...

Stunning Birthday card, the image is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Birthdays" challenge.

Unknown said...

This card is so elegant, beautiful colours, I love it.
Thanks for joining with us at The Crazy Challenge.
Yaiza DT

brenda said...

A very pretty card and design, many thanks for joining in with our Vintage theme at Allsorts this week.

B x

Furrbster said...

This is coloured so beautifully for the vintage feel!

Lovely to have you playing along at I Love Promarkers this time,

Hugz Tinz

NanaConnie said...

She's fabulous, Andrea, and your coloring is exquisite! Wonderful paper choices, my friend. Now, I'm putting on a DT hat and I want to thank you for entering our "Anything Goes/Birthday" challenge at QKR Stampede this week. Good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

crafty said...

Lovely colouring. Thanks for joining in at QKR Stampede.
Mary

karalschuknecht said...

Love the vintage feel of this card. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at QKR Stampede this week. Karal DT

wannabcre8tive said...

I love your beautiful card. The image is awesome. Thank you, for joining us for the QKR Stampede challenge.

Cinderella said...

So Cute and thank you for joining us at Paradise of Stamps
Cinderella (DT)
XX

Unknown said...

Elegant and pretty. Thanks for joinig us at Birthday challenge
Miroslava DT

Fikreta said...

its wonderful! !
Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts!
Hope to see you again.

hugs , Fiki
My little store: Crafty Kitty Cat Shop
≽ܫ≼

Unknown said...

Beautiful retro card! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge. Good luck and hope to see you again! Valentina DT