Monday 24 October 2016

Grunge lace canvas


I decided to colour mine in pink, green and yellow.  I then glued it onto a canvas base and cut it to size.  on top of this I've added some gauze.

To the left side I've added a couple of die cuts from Little Darlings and Tom Holtz.  Once this was done and dried I've added flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, The Ribbon Girl and Live & Love Crafts.

This one a close up of the bottom section

And this one a close up of the top section

From this picture you can see I've added a couple of sentiments from Scrapienic.  I had a bit a nightmare with these.  Originally I had them coloured black and they disappeared into the background.  Then I tried a few other colours but nothing looked right.  In the end I've added them in their natural colour and just added some DecoArt glitter over the top to add some sparkle.

Here you can see I've taken a photo from the side so you can see the 3d effect of the flowers.

My final picture is a full view facing.  Let me know what you would have thought might have worked with the sentiments.  I'll be interested in what you think too :D

Andrea x

I'd like to add this canvas into the following challenges
Sparkle N Sprinkle - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations - Not a Card
Fab n Funky - Fabulous Flowers
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
Creative Fingers - Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Craft Challenge - Anything Goes
Your Scrapbook Place - Anything Goes
Classic Design Team - Anything Goes

7 comments:

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Andrea, your canvas is just super stunning. I love what you have done here. You have displayed your photos so wonderfully too on your blog. Always a pleasure to visit your blog and view your very talented craft projects. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
[Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

Barbara Bruder said...

WOW this is gorgeous. Love all the elements. This is a great canvas. Love it!Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Creations Challenges for our latest challenge. Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara {Crafty Creations Challenges}

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous.... Thanks for playing along with us at Fab' n' Funky this week.
Wendy xx

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

Wow! Incredibly textured and full of dimension. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sparkle N Sprinkle's Creative Challenge. -Chris, SNS DT

Catie Cuddles said...

Wow. This looks amazing. Difficult to see the sentiments at first glance but not sure with such detailed background it would be easy.
Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges. Happy Crafting!
Catherine X DT

Laine Kammeraad said...

Andrea - this canvas is beyond STUNNING!! The colors, all the textures, the elements and your designs.

Laine DT for  http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

DonnaMundinger said...

I wanna touch this fabulous creation! Totally AMAZING! WOW! xxD